My Only Exception

by - Sunday, June 24, 2012


This song pierces my heart to the core.

Just made a few revisions to make the lyrics in prose form, here it goes:

                                                                                                                                                 

When I was younger, I saw my daddy cry as he cursed at the wind. He broke his own heart and I watched as he tried to reassemble it. My mama swore that she would never let herself forget and that was the day that I promised myself I'd never sing of love since it doesn't exist.

Maybe I know, somewhere deep in my soul that love never lasts. We've got to find other ways to make it on our own, alone or keep a straight face. I've always lived like this. I kept a comfortable distance and up until now I had sworn to myself that I'm content with loneliness. None of it was ever worth the risk.

I've got a tight grip on reality but I can't let go of what's in front of me here. I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up, which leaves me with some kind of proof that all of this is not a dream.

You are the only exception. You are my only exception.

I'm on my way to believe. I'm on my way in believing.

                                                                                                                                                



I pity Hayley Williams of the band Paramore. It must have been hard not seeing the kind of love you envision from your old folks. It must have been traumatizing to see how your own father would cry and curse out loud saying how life is unfair. It must have been hard to see your own mother breakdown in tears as she complains and regrets with the road her life took her.

I pity Hayley if she got the inspiration of this song from her own dark childhood.

I pity children in this world who have seen bitterness with love from their parents.

.....

I just hope that one day, these children can learn how to trust in love and to face their own fears passed down by the experiences he or she saw with his or her parents.

I just hope someone comes along in their lives who would make them believe that love exists.

......


You are my only exception. You are the only exception.
Don't make me regret in believing. Don't make me regret.

.....


Don't make me regret in trusting.


You May Also Like

0 feedbacks