S/P INTUBATION

by - Saturday, December 14, 2019

It's a saturday morning and I'm stuck in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) monitoring a 36 weeker due to apnea of prematurity probably secondary to sepsis due to retained fecal materials, to consider necrotizing enterocolitis (the worse man). Haven't had my morning coffee (which reminds me to undo these days since the coffee stain on my teeth are starting to bug me) and had to tie my hair in a bun (which all know that means I'm toxic, haha) because I'll be hyperventilating baby when the oxygen saturation hits 70-80% (bummer).


But for some weird reasons, there is a sense of adrenaline rush which makes me high on a positive note. Just ordered stand by epinephrine, stand by dopamine, worse case add dobutamine for more pressors to increase the pump of the heart for blood to oxygenate the brain, to prevent hypoxic encephalopathy which in my experience is not a good aftermath for the patient. I realized that boredom is really my biggest enemy. When I am bored, I feel so lazy and not needed, which is why I always need something to stimulate my brain in thinking.

Need to master the principle behind neonatal mechanical ventilation, good thing I purchased that PGH guide on it. Thinking of going into neonatology for subspecialization, however the thrill of the chase of the outdoor is still the most I crave for.

Please Baby A, don't code on me now. 
Need caffeine now. Huhuhu 😭🤞🏥

This is my guide in emergency cases when manipulating the settings. 🤞😭 Hopefully I wouldn't need you. 

You May Also Like

0 feedbacks