MORNING DEPRESSION

by - Friday, December 13, 2019

Getting out of bed seems like a chore these days. Everyday is a quitting day.


If I only knew that residency training was this hard, I would have stayed in boracay as a resort doctor and took the job in Shangrila Boracay when they were hiring me and stayed in the island inevitably (lest sinusundo ako ng may kasamang militar, lol)

God, why why why why
You know my heart longs for adventure. 
The adrenaline rush, the heart pumping thrill of the chase of the high, the Vietnam war action and the satisfaction of the wild outdoors are the things I crave. 

Now I sit here in a lonely desk, waiting for patients, mothers complaining of cough and fever of fucking days duration, when I could be out there in the field, suturing diving wounds or talking to foreigners and them telling me how the world is (I so misss you Lee and company, I do hope to go to Australia. I so miss you Jessica and company, I hope I do backpack Europe like you guys said I should). But a year more of taunting, agonizing BOREDOM, that is the terminology used.

And oh, you must know. 
I take professionalism and work ethics to the highest core. 

I dont date my patients or any friends and relatives associated with. 

So no, it will always be a no (lol. No matter how hot you are 😭😭)

This picture shows me in Boracay, working as the doctor of the island, going door to door if called. Here I am out for a febrile child from India. I hate my hair. And oh, threw this scrub suit since they thought I was gonna do a massage by the beach (fffff yoooo, don't you seeee the whiteee coatttt). Fun days. Fun days. 

You May Also Like

0 feedbacks