Perseverance in the Face of Adversity

by - Monday, September 30, 2013


I'm feeling kinda down these days. Maybe it's the hormonal imbalance and the lack of appropriate sleep, but anyhuu... it's making me edgy. In addition to this, I came across some of my batchmates today who are already graduating. My heart was filled with awe and joy for them, but there were some who weren't really happy to see me.

Well... no one is perfect and maybe I did some crazy nasty things back then, but it just pains me that people can be very judgmental and that they base your very being on one or two situations or incidents.

I was happy to also see that some of them have forgotten our differences and moved on. Blessed are those kinds of people and I pray for their success each day.

I'm kinda sad and upset that I now know who my real friends are and those who were just in with me for the ride. You really can't know who to trust until you fall flat on the ground. Alas, thanks to God... I am warned. :)

All I know is that even if people are silently talking about me behind my back (or am I just paranoid? lol) and judging me harshly, here I am proudly and steadily persevering to become a doctor.

There is a deep and personal reason for my previous failures which is causing delay to my M.D. graduation. I do not have to keep explaining to people on why. I don't owe anyone any explanation.

Trust me. You will see me rise again... in God's time. For now, God has humbled me to the lowly plains to replenish me when the time is ripe.


"Defeat is precisely what the enemy wants: Adverse circumstances arise, we flee in fear or defeat, and the enemy triumphs (interesting that he is called our "adversary" in 1 Peter 5:8). The last thing he wants is for God to be glorified through the trials in our lives." - Taken from: The Identity Project

You May Also Like

1 feedbacks

  1. I feel the same way. First week and ive encountered things like this kaagad. What makes me sad most, it was my friend who started it, i don't blame her cuz she has her reasons may be but to be that mad and judgmental towards me even without hearing my side first is just not fair. I also can't believe that she really told some of our common friends as well and it will only take a little time and the whole class will know about it. Im not worried about it, it makes me sad cuz whenever she tells someone they stay away from me and don't talk to me afterwards. Sad. However just as you said, i have come to realized who my true friends are, they may be very few but its a blessing that this thing happened. Also this situation only motivated me more in my studies. People can be very judgmental. It's a sad fact we need to live with. What we can do is to forgive them and pray for them.

    ReplyDelete