Meet my New Hot Pink Baby :)

by - Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Introducing the LENOVO IDEAPAD Z470 as my new hot pink laptop/baby

Last Friday, May 25, 2012, my mom bought me this new notebook for the upcoming school year since I gave her my desktop. My laptop and ipad however were stolen from me last March 23, 2012 (Friday) so meaning I would not have any gadgets at all for the upcoming school year, which honestly made me worry and upset. For some weird reasons, these bastard thieves also managed to take with them my Hawk black back pack for my laptop (P 3,000 in amount), my external hard drive (Seagate 500GB, P4,000 in amount) and my cute mini water bottle from Lock'n'Lock (good thing it was only around P200). 

Total amount of stolen goods: P35,000.00 
(F*@! Let the wrath of God and mine be on your poor and tortured souls, you sons of b*&$es).

I will never forget that horrible day when they broke in into our home and stole the stuffs I just mentioned. Oh, they also stole my wallet with P100.00 CASH (hahaha) and the warranty receipt of my Brother printer, which was placed inside since I was reminding myself to have it fixed this summer (DAMN IT. Now, how will I avail the 2 year warranty. Grr).

I was depressed the entire summer because of this catastrophic event. 


I just didn't know how to deal with this situation, which ruined all my plans for the summer. I was worried for the upcoming school year since I had to retrieve all my first year and second year files from my friends. The thought also that I was not able to make back-up DVDs for my second year medical and pediatric paper documents pressed on me very hard. DAMN. Start from scratch. F*

I was also embarrassed to ask my parents to buy me a new laptop and IPAD since I think it was my fault on how the thieves were able to broke in since I forgot to lock the living room door that night.

And the horrible thought that even my desktop which I had for 6 years would be taken away from me since it was the cause of my stress in this household (I had thoughts of giving it up as a family computer since most of the people at home would go inside my room to use it, hence the lost of my privacy which I value highly).

I had to get away from all these negative emotions and cooled down in a far away province in the island of Visayas, which was very much helpful.

So after 3 weeks of cooling off, I finally said goodbye to my old and dear friend (my desktop) along with the acceptance that my best friend (my IPAD) was gone. It was not easy. I did not expect that my parents would get me a new laptop since we had to pay for my tuition fee for medical school in CASH.

For some weird reasons, I am a bit shy to demand and to ask money from my old folks since this is the first time that I am not on scholarship (My tuition fee for high school and college have been subsidized by the Philippine government). It kinda hurts my ego and pride (Hehehe). I mean, I am a bit disappointed at myself that I cannot help them at this time.

This was my internal struggle these past months. My grandmother even offered me that she would finance my laptop but the thought that I would burden an old woman with my financial troubles was unbearable. So, I kindly declined the offer. My boyfriend also offered to help but to the extend of my pride, I simply did not accept.

I computed the value I needed and vowed to save up for the laptop through my allowance. I even accepted that for the time being, I would have to go back to the days when I was a constant customer in an internet cafe. 

*sigh*

I had teary eyes these past weeks when I think about such things. I can't believe the nerves of some insensitive bastards who makes other people lives harder while they manage to take the easy way out.

*bastards*

At first, I thought of being an insensitive b*@$ch but I saw the need for a family computer and decided to give it up.

I cried though. It was not easy.

And so, as the days were passing by with no computer at all, for some tough luck my mother offered to buy me a new laptop. That was all I was waiting for since I have been reluctant to ask.

I guess shit really does happen for good things to prosper... :)

I don't know where my stuffs are but wherever they are, I hope that they bring that person the same joy that I had in using them. I no longer hold vengeance and hatred for those insensitive sons of b*%ch*s. I even thank them for making me realize how I hold on too much to some things.

Anyways, enough of the drama. 

The good news is that I am all set for third year medical school with my new hot pink baby :)

COMPLETE LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONS are listed in this website http://www.villman.com/Product-Detail/Lenovo_Z470_2430_DOS since I bought it from Villman SM ANNEX branch.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2430M (2.4 GHz)
RAM: 4GB DDR3
HDD: 750GB
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT540 2GB

It also comes with this amazing tech support and customer service via chat from Lenovo itself (http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ph/en/chatSupport/CustomerChatForm.aspx). The technicians, representatives and engineers are just so accommodating and friendly and they are all free of charge.

I just love my new Lenovo.

No regrets. The best deal I ever purchased. :)


If you see this hot pink eye-candy around the campus, you'll sure know its me. 
The color is just too hard to miss, although I don't think this is going anywhere out of the house without a suitable transportation to cargo it.


And lastly a final note to that bastard thief:

"Thank you for stealing my old stuffs. You made me realize that there are far much better things to come."

I am no longer angry at you :) HAHA. 

You May Also Like

2 feedbacks

  1. Hi! I'm currently a third-year Medical Technology student in Centro Escolar University, Makati. I happened to come across your blog which is both very informative and entertaining mainly because I'm an aspiring medical doctor. :)
    I would just like to know what has transpired in your life in the past year. How are you doing now that your already on your fourth year? How was/is your internship? And how would my present course be beneficial to my future med school life? Is it really true that Medical Technology is the best pre-med course? :D

    ReplyDelete