... and the WINNER is: U.E.R.M.M.M.I :)

by - Tuesday, February 22, 2011


 This is so funny. I never knew that this blog would have so much viewers. Thanks guys. I'm happy that my blog entries are helping aspiring medical students. I only did this because I think better when I write. LOL. Hahhaa. And yes, I'm sorry, that I have been M.I.A. in writing this blog. Medical school has been eating a lot of my time at present. And yes, to those who care...the winner is the University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical School. :) I chose UERM. :)

To be frank, I wanted to go into ADMU. But I got wait listed and just couldn't wait any longer. What's bad trip is that two weeks after, they called me and said I got in. My face fell and I just wanted to scream because my parents already paid the reservation fee of P 20,000 for UERM. And, they were always against the idea of me going to ADMU. So, I was stuck. HASSLE.

That's the thing with medical school nowadays, they require a huge amount of reservation fee to make the students stick to the school. Take FEU for example (where usually people from UPD makes it as a back-up school), they ask for a P10,000 reservation fee. The results come out early January. The next school to release results would be Saint Luke's College of Medicine. Luckily, St. Luke's doesn't ask for any reservation fee. By February and early March, UP College of Medicine would reveal the results and this is where the deciding factor comes for people like me from UP Diliman. So now, if you did not reserve your slot in FEU or SLCM, chances are you're, panicking right now if you did not pass UPCM. But don't worry FEU holds two batches of application; however if you denied your slot for the first application, you need to pull some strings (if you know what I mean ;p ). Then the results would be released in this following order for the other medical schools: UERM, ADMU and then UST.So like I said, if your eye is on UST, please be humble and assure yourself of at least one medical school but that's like throwing away P10,000-P28,000 for just the reservation fee.

I chose UERM or let me rephrase it... UERM chose me. It's funny that after all my preparation, research and interview, things won't fall the way you want it to be. To be frank, I'm kinda upset that life should be this way. I'm still in the process of accepting how things are right now. Not that I don't like my school, I honestly do (I'll be writing about UERM in the following days, and yes, I guess I have to make sure that this blog is updated :p); but the atmosphere and everything is just like UP diliman for students in the college of science. :)

I just pictured medical school to be different. So yeah, I guess I'm kinda disappointed on how it didn't meet my expectations. But in terms of academics, I have no regrets-the professors are just simply damn good. In terms of your schedule, it's really flexible since attendance is not really a major factor in your grade. So yes, you can pass the course by not even attending classes (Tough luck however when professors give extra credit if you attend their lectures. They usually give bonus points in the quiz and exam by attending the class). I guess what I don't understand is the lack of passion some medical students have, which upon realization is not due to the school. I'm just disappointed on the lack of maturity, dedication and commitment some medical students have.

Or then again, it just could be some medical students. I don't want to generalized everyone from my school :)

But over-all, I think I made the right choice in entering UERM. Because like it or not, there's no turning back. I just pray that one day, my decisions today would lead me to my success as a medical doctor. I really really hope so.

You May Also Like

10 feedbacks

  1. did UERM already post the list of qualifiers for admission to med? tysm c;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check tomorrow :) I can take a picture of it and post it here if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. please do take a pic Anj. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my. i tweeted you last time about my accidental discovery of ur blog. turns out wala ang name ko sa weblist ng UERM. sigh. i feel the failure in me right now. kaka sad. wanna go to UERM pa naman (kc yun lang inapplyan ko...LOL)

    oh well. im still supporting ur blog. gogogo future doc!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :) I realized that people are reading this. I'll be updating this blog asap :) Thankss for your support :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratz ano nga pala premed nyo po tnx!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hello, sorry I haven't been checking this blog site. That's very sad to hear. Oks lng yan, marami pang ibang med school :) Thank you again! :)

    My pre-med course was BS BIO in UP Diliman :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. I submitted my requirements in UERM last Dec. 21, 2012. And until now, I haven't received any text from the school on when my interview schedule will be. I am just worried because I cannot follow up in the registrar/admissions office because I'm from Bicol. Does the registrar post the interview schedule in the website?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi po! i just want to ask about the application period for UE? Until when it is held? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I know this blog has been here for so long, but I have to ask, is the entrance exam difficult? I really want to get in!

    ReplyDelete